Our extraction facial is a relatively simple process where your compacted or clogged pores are cleared by either a mechanical or manual process. Essentially, extractions are carried out during a regular facial.
Milia happen when the dead skin cells don't slough away. Instead, they get caught under the new skin, harden, and form a milium. Milia can also happen because of: Skin damage from something like a rash, an injury, or sun exposure.
If the Milia is small enough, it may go away on its own by rubbing the area and then the body may absorb it. If it is big then you may need to get it chemically or manually removed.
Belle Cheriee use a sterile needle to remove the tiny flap of skin trapping the keratin inside the pore.
Treatment Avoid if you have the following
- Current inflamed acne lesions;
- Skin cancer;
- Open skin lesions;
- Use of Accutane currently or in the past six months; and/or.
- The use of prescription retinol within a week of treatment.
- Use retinol for at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment to prepare for your skin
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours
- Advise your therapist if you have any concerns
- Use gentle cleansers and apply SPF 30 moisturiser for at least 2 weeks before going back to your normal moisturiser
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for 3 days
- Avoid excessive heat for 3 days ie. Heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours
- Avoid waxing for 7 days