Dermaplaning is a super effective exfoliating treatment in uses a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off any dead skin cells on the surface of your skin and (along with the peach fuzz on your face). This treatment removes the build up of dead skin and microscopic hairs that can make your complexion appear dull, flaky, and can even cause breakouts due to clogged pores and hair follicles. This type of exfoliation is essential for maintaining an even, healthy glow.
- Let your therapist know if you are on any medication or have any medical conditions or are being treated by a physician for any conditions.
- Avoid shaving, peels, waxing or aggressive exfoliations 1 week prior to appointment
- Wait 7 days after cosmetic injections or dermal fillers
- Let us know if you have been diagnosed with herpes or cold sores
Instructions Avoid if you have the following
- Current inflamed acne lesions;
- Skin cancer;
- Active cold sores;
- Uncontrolled diabetes;
- Open skin lesions;
- Use of Accutane currently or in the past six months; and/or.
- The use of prescription retinol within a week of treatment.
- Use gentle cleansers and apply SPF 30 moisturiser for at least 2 weeks before going back to your normal moisturiser
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for 3 days
- Avoid excessive heat for 3 days ie. Heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours
- Avoid waxing for 7 days
- Avoid dermal fillers or cosmetic injections for 2-4 weeks depending on the area
- Don’t pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
- Your skins absorption level will be elevated so applying serums will be a big benefit to your skin
- You may experience slight peeling for the first few days and skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first two days.